• Ransome’s unique liquid level float switch configuration. The high liquid level switch prevents liquid from entering the outlet.
• Precision operating and high temperature switches. The electronic operating temperature controller operates the heater circuit(s) for the desired outlet vapor temperature set point. The high temperature switches tum the vaporizer off in case of runaway heater malfunction.
• The solenoid valve, in conjunction with the high liquid level switch, closes the inlet preventing the liquid from spilling over to the outlet.
• Electric resistance cartridge heaters. Located inside the heat exchange tubes or cylinders. They never come in direct contact with LP-Gas. Rather, they provide the heat required for vaporization through the walls of the heat exchange tubes.
• ASME stamped relief valve. Each vaporizer unit is adequately protected in accordance with NFPA 58 and California Title 8 codes.
• 480V AC, 3PH, 60Hz Input power for Heater Circuit.
• 110V AC, 1PH, 60Hz Input power for Control Circuit.
• All sizes are capable of infinite turndown and will maintain a ready supply of vapor from zero load to full capacity. At no load, only enough heat will be generated to maintain set point temperature.
• Standard electrical configuration Class I, Division II. (Class I, Division I, also available.}
1. Equipment, piping and installation must be in accordance with provisions of NFPA58, and all applicable state, provincial and local codes.
2. Liquid pump may be required to provide sufficient pressure to inlet of vaporizer during conditions of low tank pressure.
3. Outlet pressure regulator should be no more than 24 inches from vaporizer outlet and located at or above centerline of vaporizer outlet.
4. Do not install a separator, dripleg or other liquid trap upstream of outlet pressure regulator.
5. Regulator outlet pressure must be adjusted to a pressure below the vapor pressure of the saturated LP-Gas at lowest operating temperature or vapor may re-liquefy in downstream piping.
6. Liquid piping system must allow for occasional reverse flow toward supply tank to prevent excessive pressure during operation.
Vessel Shell: SA106 Grade B Carbon Steel.
Heat Exchange Cylinders: SA214 Carbon Steel.
Connections: SA105 Carbon Steel
* Rated capacity in GPH of propane at 0 degrees F with a minimum vapor outlet temperature of 100 degrees F.
Note: Rated capacity for butane will be lower than that of propane.