Smart-Hose assemblies are designed and engineered with a valve integrated in each end fitting. If the hose assembly experiences a catastrophic hose failure, the Smart-Hose Safety System is designed to instantaneously shut off the flow in both directions. Designed as a passive safety device, the Smart-Hose Safety System needs no human intervention to activate. The Smart-Hose Safety System is integrated into LPG/Propane transfer hose assemblies and are designed to meet the most rugged applications found in the LPG/Propene Industry. All hose assemblies through 3″ ID are designed to meet UL 21 Standards, 4″ & 6″ are built to BS 4089:1989.
• Each hose is tested under water with dry air or nitrogen to working and test
• Each hose is serial numbered
• Each hose is shipped with a Test Certificate and Operating Booklet
• Each hose meets US Passive Shutoff Mandate for MC330/331 Transports
• Each hose meets NFPA 58 & 59
• 316 Stainless Steel fittings are designed for reuse on new hose